Most of us assume that we will outlive our pets. But what if you become ill or incapacitated and can no longer care for your pet?
Do you have a plan that will ensure that your surviving companion animals receive the care, attention and home they deserve?
AWLQ’s Legacy Pet Program ensures that upon your death, your companion animals are adopted into loving homes that are best suited to their needs.
To enrol, simply register your pet/s with the AWLQ, and make specific mention in your Will.
Suggested wording for leaving your pet in the AWLQ Pet Legacy Program
I DIRECT that the ANIMAL WELFARE LEAGUE OF QLD INC. (ABN 75 521 498 584) shall care for any animals or pets which I own at the date of my death until such time as a suitable home at the discretion of the said League shall be found for such animals or pets.
Terms and conditions
Your pet is covered for the following when they are part of the Legacy Pet Program, for the rest of their life:
- Any veterinary needs on arrival
- Veterinary care for the rest of the animal’s life
- Thorough selection process to make sure your pet ends up with a suitable and compatible new home (based on the information you have provided in your Pet Care Profile)
What is not included, once your pet has been rehomed:
- Over the counter products (worming flea treatments, tick prevention etc.)
- Specialist referrals and services provided by external agencies
Please note: in the case of an accident, emergency or chronic illness, each case will be individually assessed by the AWLQ Community Vet Clinic Practice Manager and discussed with AWLQ CEO to ensure that the pet will always be offered the best possible solution.
For more information on leaving your pets in AWLQs care download our Pet Legacy brochure, fill in a registration and pet care profile for each pet you wish to place in the program. You can also contact us in confidence on 07 5509 9033