Make this your dog's last litter
The last litter revolution is here!
AWLQ has launched the Last Litter Revolution across South East Queensland in an effort to reduce the number of unwanted puppies, mothers, and mothers-to-be. We urge anyone with a litter to fill out the form at the bottom of the page and we will desex the mother free of charge and rehome her puppies.
AWLQ pioneered the Last Litter program back in 2002 for cats. Since then thousands of cats have been desexed. We are now expanding the program to include mother dogs and puppies.
Why should i deSEX my pet?
- By desexing dogs, particularly females, we’ll reduce the number of unwanted puppies that go on to become unwanted dogs
- Certain dog breeds are prone to difficult births and smaller breed mothers can face complications if giving birth to large puppies
- Animals which are desexed are also less likely to wander, fight and are less likely to get lost or injured
- Desexing reduces territorial behaviour such as spraying indoors
- Desexed animals are less likely to suffer from anti-social behaviours
- Reduces the risk of getting various types of canine cancers or other diseases of the reproductive organs, such asprostate disorders in males, and cystic ovaries, ovarian tumors and acute uterine infections in females; and also other diseases like perianal tumors and perianal hamias.
How does the last litter revolution work?
- Fill in the form below and submit it to AWLQ
- We will schedule an appointment for you to come and surrender your puppies at one of our locations
- After the appointment we will give you a desexing voucher that you can use at one of the AWLQ Community Vet Clinics
- At your own convenience, call and book in to have your pet desexed for free at one of the vet clinics
- Thank you. You have done your pet and the community a great service by participating in the Last Litter Revolution
We know that surrendering puppies can be an emotionally trying experience. But you can rest assured that AWLQ has a 58 year history of looking after stray, abandoned and surrendered pets, and finding them homes. AWLQ was the first animal welfare organisation in Australia to achieve zero euthanasia of healthy and sociable animals for a large city of over half a million people. Your puppies will be desexed, microchipped, vaccinated, flea treated, wormed and socialised before we find them homes. Your puppies are in safe hands.
Submit the form below to surrender your litter and apply for free desexing