GOLDEN HEARTS – SENIORS’ PET SUPPORT PROGRAM
ANIMAL WELFARE LEAGUE QLD’S GOLDEN HEARTS™ SENIORS PET SUPPORT PROGRAM IS A UNIQUE PROGRAM TO SUPPORT PEOPLE 65 AND OLDER WITH PET OWNERSHIP.
Golden Hearts™ supports its members with emergency foster care of their pet if they have to go into hospital. Members can also receive 50% off annual vaccinations through its Community Vet Clinics, plus 10% off everything else. We have discounted pet grooming and a pet-matching service if you don’t already have a pet.
We also support older people who need to transition into an aged-care facility that does not allow pets. Animal Welfare League Qld understands this is a very difficult time and offers a free surrender of a person’s beloved pet and try and match it with a loving new home in a similar environment to what it had.
Golden Hearts™ also has annual social events where members get to enjoy the company of like-minded people. It is completely free to join and supports a senior-aged person through every step of pet ownership whether they adopted their pet from us or not.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT GOLDEN HEARTS?
- YES it’s FREE to join.
- YES the program is open to ALL pet owners 65 and older, whether you adopted your pet from us or not.
- YES the discounted vaccinations and vet services are open to ALL pet owners 65 and older.
- YES the S.T.E.P.S. (Short Term Emergency Petcare Service) is open to ALL pet owners. The S.T.E.P.S. program is subject to eligibility for genuine medical emergencies. The S.T.E.P.S. program is not a kennel boarding service
HOW DO I JOIN GOLDEN HEARTS
- You can sign up ONLINE using the link below
- CALL or EMAIL us and we can send an information pack in the mail, or
- COLLECT one of our Golden Hearts™ booklets from any of our Rehoming Centres, Vet Clinics or Op Shops
Call (07) 5509 9033 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more