Be a Volunteer
Volunteers are the heart of AWLQ and without their energy, talents and time we would not be able to save the lives of close to 10,000 animals each year. Our volunteers make such a difference to the lives of the animals in our care by contributing their time in a variety of ways – from enriching the lives of animals, running our ops shops, or collecting donations. To fundraising at events, managing laundry, or providing admin support. Their commitment is second-to-none and we are continually inspired by their compassion.
How you can help
Before signing up to be an AWLQ volunteer, we have few pre-requisites for you to consider;
- You must be 18 years or older (if you are under 18, please click here for our Teen Volunteering Program)
- We ask our volunteers to commit to a minimum 3-month period with us.
- You will be asked to assist with the same shift each week (On average shift times are approximately 4 hours, but do vary between departments and locations).
- The Induction Fee is $35 which helps cover the costs of the induction training, equipment, resources & your Volunteer T-shirt.
If you are unable to provide this level of commitment, we would still love your help in other ways! You can foster, donate, collect bedding, or invite us to your workplace or school to raise awareness!
Want to get involved as a volunteer? Here’s how:
- Select which centre you would like to volunteer for at the bottom of this page.
- Once the induction date is selected, complete the entire Volunteer Application Form, and submit.
- Select a suitable induction date that you are available to attend. If there is no suitable date, please continue to check the website intermittently for updates.
- Once the induction date is selected, complete the entire Volunteer Application Form, and Submit.
- Once you submit your induction selection and completed volunteer application, you will be asked to make the $35 payment to confirm your booking. Please schedule your selected Induction date in your diary.
- After your payment is confirmed you will receive an automated email outlining important information about attending your volunteer induction. Please be sure to read carefully and contact our office if you have any questions.
- At the induction, you will receive your volunteer t-shirt and assigned your weekly shift for the next 3 months.
- In the days following your induction, you will receive an email confirming your roster and all the important details about starting your volunteering journey at AWLQ!
You will Make a difference
Our wonderful volunteers fulfil a variety of positions at AWLQ’s Animal Rehoming Centres.
Thank you for your Kindness and Compassion
Unable to volunteer - Have you thought about donating
Help us continue our lifesaving work by donating today. Every dollar goes towards the care and rehoming of animals in need.