Volunteer with AWLQ
Thank you for your interest in volunteering – we appreciate your offer of support!
Unfortunately, due to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic we currently do not have scheduled inductions available for new volunteers. We will continue to monitor this in the coming months and provide updates accordingly.
We appreciate your interest in volunteering with AWLQ and encourage you to continue checking the website for updates to the application process. AWLQ’s volunteers are an integral part of our team and we look forward to welcoming you on board as soon as we can!
In the meantime, if you are looking for other ways to support our lifesaving work please click here.
We thank you for your understanding and support during these challenging times.
We rely on the commitment, enthusiasm and compassion of those who willingly give their time to brighten the lives of the thousands of shelter animals that AWLQ cares for each year. Our volunteers make such a difference to our shelters across South East Queensland by contributing their time and energy in caring for our animals. We are delighted to recognise the wonderful hard work volunteers do. They are an important asset to the AWLQ family.
- You must be 18 years or older (If you are under 18, please refer to our Teen Volunteer Program)
- We ask our volunteers to commit to a minimum 3-month program with us.
- You will be asked to lock in for the same 4-hour shift each week.
- In order to cover the training, equipment, resources and Volunteer T-shirt that are issued, we ask you to make a $33 payment to cover these costs.
If you are unable to provide this level of commitment, we would still love your help in other ways! You can foster, donate, collect bedding, or invite us to your workplace or school to raise awareness!
Want to get involved as a volunteer? Here’s how:
- Click on and read the Position Descriptions carefully to see where your skills are best suited.
- Select which shelter you would like to volunteer for at the bottom of this page.
- Complete the Volunteer Application Form for your chosen shelter.
- You can then go on and select an Induction & Site Orientation date. It is at this point you will be asked to book yourself in for a date to attend the induction. Likewise, at this point, you will be asked to make a payment of $33 which covers the training, resources used and a volunteer t-shirt to help make you feel part of the team!
- You will then attend the Induction & Site Orientation event on the date you selected. You will receive your t-shirt at this event.
- At the induction, you will be assigned your weekly shift for the next 3 months.
- In the following days after your induction, you will receive an email with confirmation of your roster and information about starting volunteering at AWLQ!