BEQUESTS & LEGACY pets
Be remembered as an animal lover.
Leaving a gift and planning for your pets
When you leave a bequest to Animal Welfare League Queensland in your Will, your gift will directly help create a brighter future for animals in need. Bequests allow us to continue our lifesaving work and provide a safe haven for close to 10,000 stray and homeless animals every year.
While AWLQ’s Legacy Pets Program will provide you with the peace of mind that, if something should happen to you, there is a secure plan in place for your pet’s future. As part of this care, we will hand-select a new owner and environment that we feel best suits your pet’s needs.
NEED ASSISTANCE LEAVING A GIFT IN YOUR WILL?
Thank you for considering leaving a gift in your Will to AWLQ.
If you would like some assistance please contact AWLQ’s Bequests Manager in confidence at:
07 5509 9099
Animal Welfare League of Queensland Inc
PO Box 3253
Helensvale Town Centre QLD 4212
AWLQ’s COMMITMENT TO YOU & OUR PROMISE TO THE ANIMALS in our care
When people like you entrust us with a gift in your Will, these are the assurances we make:
- We respect the time needed to make this decision – your will is personal and it is your decision about when to write or review your Will.
- We understand you might change your mind – we recognise circumstances change and your right to reconsider your decision at any time.
- We will honour and respect your privacy and your decision regarding your chosen level of engagement and communication with us.
- We will continue to carry out our activities with accountability, openly and with transparency to ensure our community is kept up to date with the latest news.
- We will work with all parties handling your bequest with care, sensitivity and respect to ensure your wishes are met.
- We will give you and your loved ones the choice and opportunity to connect with the work we do, that is made possible with gifts like yours.
- We will thank you and remember you for the enduring support you are giving to so many animals in need.
- As an animal charity with DGR (Deductible Gift Recipient) status, we are professionally audited and pride ourselves on our impeccable rating. Operationally, we run at about 6%, ensuring that every dollar you give to AWLQ, 94% of each dollar will go directly to the welfare of the animals.
Complete this form to receive your checklist
SEE WHY SOME OF OUR SUPPORTERS ARE LEAVING AWLQ A GIFT OF HOPE FOR THE FUTURE.
LEGACY PETS CONTACT
Joining AWLQ’s Legacy Pets Program is free of charge and will provide you with the peace of mind that if something ever happens to you, there is a secure plan in place for your pet’s future.
For more information contact AWLQ’s Legacy Pets Program Manager at email@example.com or call 07 5509 9099.
Animal Welfare League Queensland
PO Box 3253
Helensvale Town Centre QLD 4212
HAVE YOU MADE A PLAN FOR YOUR PET’S FUTURE?
Most of us assume that we will outlive our pets. What if you become ill or incapacitated and can no longer care for your pet?
Do you have a plan that will ensure that your surviving companion animals receive the care, attention and home they deserve? AWLQ’s Legacy Pets Program ensures that upon your death, your companion animals are adopted into loving homes that are best suited to their needs. Not only will your pet be placed into a loving and carefully selected home, when your pet is part of the Legacy Pets Program it will receive free veterinary check-ups and routine care for the rest of its life (conditions apply).
HOW TO ENSURE YOUR WISHES ARE CARRIED OUT
When planning your pet’s future, AWLQ recommends that you include the following suggested wording in your Will to ensure that your wishes are carried out.
“I DIRECT that the ANIMAL WELFARE LEAGUE OF QLD INC. (ABN 75 521 498 584) shall care for any animals or pets which I own at the date of my death until a suitable home at the discretion of the said League shall be found for such animals or pets.”
We ask that you fill out our registration and pet care profile for each of your pets. Click here to download the form.
This information is kept on record to assist with placing your pet into a home as similar as possible to yours.
If you would like to discuss this further, please contact our Bequest Manager, Jacquie Kennedy, on 07 5509 9099 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org