WHY ADOPT SHELTER PETS?
SHELTER PETS MAKE GREAT PETS
Animal Welfare League Qld has shelter pets of all kinds. At any of our rehoming centres you can find cats, kittens, dogs, puppies, pocket pets, birds and other animals available for adoption that have come to us from all walks of life.
The majority of our pets at our shelters are surrendered for a number of reasons. These can include:
- A relationship break up
- Owners cannot find any pet friendly rental housing
- Owners moving interstate or overseas
- The owner passed away or is moving into a nursing home
- Financial reasons
- Unexpected animal pregnancy – litter surrendered
- Or they were found wandering the streets and were never sought out by their owners.
All AWLQ shelter pets are behaviour tested and medically approved by our team of dedicated animal rehoming staff and veterinary surgeons.
Every animal that comes through the AWLQ doors has been:
Most dogs, (even some puppies) have basic manners, are toilet trained and are eager to be your new friend. Our rehoming centres and shelters have animals of all shapes, sizes, breeds and age groups. AWLQ frequently has designer breeds and purebreds pass through our doors.
REMEMBER BY CHOOSING TO ADOPT A SHELTER PET YOU ARE SAVING A LIFE!
Adoption money paid will go back to the AWLQ to help care for the new pet taking your pets place at the shelter.